Abbotsford Convent Wellbeing Centre
Level 1, Room 48
1 St Helliers Street
Abbotsford, VIC 3067
melway reference: 44 G5
The Abbotsford Convent precinct entrance is opposite the carpark on St Heliers Street. Once on site, walk towards the Convent Bakery Café (directly opposite the main entrance). The Wellbeing Centre is located in the building to the right of the café, enter building through the double maroon doors.
The Abbotsford Convent is located at the end of St Heliers Street, Abbotsford. The easiest way to get there is to go via Johnston Street, turn onto Clarke Street (left if going towards city, right if heading away from city), then turn left onto St Heliers Street.
All day parking is available in the car park directly across from the Convent on St Heliers Street. The machines accept credit cards, notes and gold coins. Funds from the car park go towards the restoration and overall running of the Convent.
Train & Bus
Catch the train to Victoria Park Station (South Morang & Hurstbridge lines) Note: some express services skip Victoria Park Station.
1. From Victoria Park Station walk towards Johnston Street
2. Turn right and walk 10 metres to bus stop Victoria Park Railway Station #270 Johnston Street (Abbotsford)
3. Catch bus 200 or 207
4. Get off at Clarke Street / Johnston Street (Abbotsford)
5. Continue along Johnston Street (50 metres / 1 minute)
6. Turn right onto Clarke Street (100 metres / 1 minute) – there is a bridge to get you across this busy road!
7. Turn left onto St Heliers Street (140 metres / 2 minutes)
8. Enter via Gate One (opposite the car park)The closest train station is Collingwood on the Hurstbridge line. Approx travel time from Melbourne city centre is 15 minutes, then it’s a 15 minute walk to the Convent.
Check www.metrotrains.com.au for more info.
Tram & Walk
Catch tram 109, 12 or 48 to Victoria Street / Nicholson Street (Abbotsford)
View Tram timetables:
109 – Box Hill – Port Melbourne
12 – Victoria Gardens – St Kilda
48 – North Balwyn – Victoria Harbour Docklands
1. Head east on Victoria Street toward Nicholson Street, Abbotsford (14 metres / 1 minute)
2. Turn left onto Nicholson Street (950 metres / 12 minutes)
3. Turn right onto Abbotsford Street (400 metres / 6 minutes)
4. Turn right onto Clarke Street (60 metres / 1 minute)
5. Turn left onto St Heliers Street (140 metres / 2 minutes)
6. Enter via Gate One (opposite the car park)
Bus & Walk
(walking time: 3 – 5 minutes)
There are two buses that regularly pass the Abbotsford Convent:
200 – City (Melbourne Central) – Bulleen
207 – City Doncaster – SC via Kew Junction
Walking directions from bus stop:
1. Get off at Clarke Street / Johnston Street (Abbotsford)
2. Walk along Johnston Street (50 metres / 1 minute)
3. Turn right onto Clarke Street (100 metres / 1 minute) – there is a bridge to get you across this busy road!
4. Turn left onto St Heliers Street (140 metres / 2 minutes)
5. Enter via Gate One (opposite the car park)